Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sully's Wedding

Ellie and I enjoyed the reception half of my roommate's wedding yesterday at eagle vale. The best man had a survival kit for them which include pants for Steph to wear, along with a set of ear plugs also for her to use. I found this was particularly funny, since every time I started a conversation with him, it would inevitably end with me leaving the room, while he was still talking. We were seating along with Sully's lab buddies, who also work in my engineering building, and they agreed that she would need the ear muffs. They also commented about how he must have still been hungry after only having two plates of the main dish. Now if you have ever seen Sully you might be able to guess that he can put food down pretty well. He will be pretty hard to replace next semester on the offensive line of my flag football team. His buddies were telling us how their advisor rips on him every time they eat lunch, because of the sheer volume of food that he consumes. I had to share with the guys that when we have poker at my place we would have a pool to guess the cuisine and amount of food that sully would consume that night. Generally the question would be how many whole chicken breast would he cook for dinner. One is never enough, and if you cook two, there is just one left, so you might as well cook all three.

I felt bad for the big guy during the cake cutting ceremony. We all knew that he wouldn't start the food fight, but I thought that he would at least get a little bit of icing on her face after she showered him with cake. He took it like the whipped man that he is, with out any retribution. I still feel bad for him; he takes a beating from everybody all the time. While we were living together he could take his frustration out on the dodge ball court, or by playing his first person shooter games all night, but what will he do now that he is married? I hope he doesn't go postal.

I also heard that his move is going almost as bad as mine. Apparently after rearranging the living room 3 times for his new bride, Sully could not furnish the room in a acceptable way. Evidently his speakers are just too big for the room, and she is forcing him to sell them!

We will talk about my relocation snafus on another day....

3 comments:

ellie said...

I felt really bad that the leather couch didn't fit through the front door. I had even made room for it. You want some transformer dolls? Maybe a lava lamp?

badgers027 said...

They're action figures not dolls!

CherkyB said...

Chickens have three breasts? Is one on the back for dancing?