Saturday, July 21, 2007

Are 2 blogs one too many for one Household?

I know what you are thinking. Is it a good idea to compete with my significant other (ellie323) and fight for loyal readers in the small and increasingly over populated blogging world? Will there be enough nonsensical material for two cohabiting adults to entertain the masses that will undoubtedly flock to our sites (with the help of CherkyB) and click our ads. I thought that I could try to stick to sports, poker, and engineering related topics, but that might be a disaster for the general public to read.


The other question you might have is why badgers? I was thinking that I would use the college mascot of south Carolina (cocky the fighting gamecock can be seen to the left) that I use for most of my online fantasy teams and whatnot, but then I thought better of it, and go with the less racy football mascot from Madison Wisconsin. It is not that I am some huge college football fan, it is just that I think that the fighting gamecocks is a pretty cool nickname for a football team, but not quite right for a blogging name, where as Bucky the badger is much less threatening.
Well there will be more to come, maybe tomorrow I will be able to post pictures of my previous roommate on his wedding day, or maybe just a picture of the cake to protect the identity of the innocent...

3 comments:

ellie said...

A brilliant first post! It will be very interesting when you are signed up for adsense--I am very curious to see what types of ads this post might generate.

Readership--be sure to click the badgers link!

fat moother said...

Two bloggers in one household is not excessive - gives us a chance to hear BOTH sides of the story- hehe. Thanks for dinner!

CherkyB said...

Ellie is clearly love-struck.

Now, if it were me, I might say something like choosing a college football team mascot for a blog mascot is a remarkably bad idea for any number of reasons. First, the kinds of people who worship college football and want to identify with the mascot are not the kind of people who are actually interesting, except perhaps from a clinical sense. Second, it gives you no unique identity that people will ever remember. And third, it automatically alienates people who went to a different college. Which is every single person likely to be reading your blog.

But, hey, you're just some stranger, so I won't say these things. Instead I'll say, "Wooooo!!!! Badgers rule!!!! Yeah!"