Wednesday, August 1, 2007

All moved in.

Well after a few days of packing, moving and unpacking, I am pretty well settled in OUR place here in Williamsville. I had to let go of the couch, and bring it to the consignment shop after all that plotting. Hopefully it will sell for the initial asking price. I don't see it on the what's hot list, so maybe it sold already! In the process of bringing my grill over to coach's place, I managed to get stung by a yellow jacket. Apparently they decided to make a nest inside the legs of my grill, which I noticed after getting stun, and after I wrestled the grill into the bed of coach's truck. Luckily I had plenty of cleaning products to select from to dispatch the insects, so I chose fantastik all purpose heavy duty antibacterial cleaner on the stream setting of the hand held spray container. A half of dozen squirts later it was all over for the wasps.

The unpacking has been more slow, and there is still lots of clothes and other junk that I have to get rid of or find places for. I decided on Sunday afternoon that since I lost my couch I should reward myself. So I went to circuit city and bought a new magic box, with the upgraded 19 inch monitor. I also bought a 500 gig hard disk to back up everything at work, and anything else that I could possible want backed up. Also got a wireless router, and 2 usb receivers so we won't have internet cable all over the place, and for ellie's laptop. And now my cave is complete as brother would say.
In other news:
We had a low turnout this week for poker, and I wasn't there long enough to find out who won. I wonder if the heat was a factor in the low turn out, now that we are no longer at flickinger court, and no longer have the ac that sully liked to keep set at 59.
I have to step in for coach tomorrow for the Infrared Sox (Thusday D1) and be the acting manager. I hate making the line up for our resilient, if not particularly good team. After checking the most up dated standings we are 0-10, with 30 runs scored and 180 runs given up. Well at least they are all round numbers. Maybe that is why I haven't blogged too much about softball yet.
Talking about pitiful ball teams, I also have the privilege to manager tomahawk's fantasy baseball team. Tommer is visiting the Jersey Shore, and I get to oversee the day to day operations of his keeper fantasy team. I must mention that is a keeper league team was given to him after the previous owner got fed up and quit. I have been vicariously following toms team for the last 14 weeks, maybe next year I will have the confidence to have my own team.
In the big move I noticed that my Ipod was fully operational, which is completely baffling to me since for the last six months it has been stuck displaying welcome to paridise,
being totally unresponsive. After letting it settle for a month I brought it to my higher techie friends who also couldn't figure out the problem. I guess I shouldn't have left it out in the rain that time 2 years ago.

2 comments:

ellie said...

So that's why you bought the new computer! And here I thought it was because your other three were old!

Anonymous said...

Kewl Beans!